The Mayor and Two Business Men


I don’t have the same flare that Dave had, but here goes… 

This story, sums up many of my thoughts.  We all need to think and consider our objectives in moving forward in the workers comp world and not forget that the injured worker deserves our respect, along with appropriate and timely care. 

A mayor to a nearby town invited a businessman for a visit. Upon arriving, the Mayor asked him, what's happening in your city? The businessman replied, "My city is great! We network, we learn, the city is clean, we have great facilities and there’s always a cup of coffee available in our offices, people really care for each other!"

The Mayor gave him an award (Summa Comp Laude®) for his work. 

Another businessman had joined this businessman from his city, who also has an audience with the Mayor.

What’s happening in your city? the Mayor asked the second businessman."Terrible! People don't care about each other, nobody learns, the city is dirty..."

Some time later, these businessmen were discussing their respective interactions with the Mayor. When the second businessman found out that the first businessman had been given an award from the Mayor, he was irked, to say the least. 

Word reached the Mayor and the Mayor summoned the second businessman. "I heard you have some complaints...."

"Yes! Why didn't I receive an award from the Mayor? I told the truth about my city!"

"You think I don't know what's going on in your city?" responded the Mayor. "I just wanted to know: Which city do you live in?!"

Friends, I think we all know "what's going on in our work comp world." Life ain't easy. Challenges abound. There is much to criticize, much in need of repair. 

As a provider, it is up to me to choose where I live. Will I live in the city where people care for each other, and where goodness abounds? 

Are we able to change the Work Comp world and focus on the needs of the injured worker? Or do I make the choice of the second businessman!?

Ron Lefkowitz, PAS
iRestore FRP


Please feel free to comment or contact me at: Ron@iRestore.Life

Comments