David D. from Rosemary




There are times people come into your life and you just know a real friend has arrived. David D was such a person. David had an insatiable curiosity and zest for life. His energy filled every conversation we had, he always wanted to know more and he always found ways to include everyone and everything into his daily Blog
.
Even now 2 years later I know exactly where I was sitting when I read the most horrid news that David had gone. I sat dazed beyond comprehension trying to read the news, trying to understand the news, trying not to believe the news and trying to accept that never again would I talk with David or read his Blog or fill in some blank spaces for him.

I know that countless others share the same disbelief that filled me that day, some times I go back and read his postings, especially the one where he wrote about land his plane on Catalina Island, till I read the Blog I wasn’t aware that it was only the second time he had flown to Catalina and I was enjoying the view too much to realize we had missed the first attempt to land. Such was my trust in David that it had not occurred to me to ask how many times he had flown out there.

I also know that David went from friend colleague to mentor for others as well, and that many others are also like I am missing David and still trying to come to terms with the fact that the ball of never ending energy is now still.

David D you may be gone from our lives but never from our hearts.

Yours in service
Rosemary
www.craigstable.net.au
rosemary@craigstable.net.au
SKYPE Rosemary2412
17th July 2018



Comments

Post a Comment