An Outcome That was Predictable

Many people were very skeptical that a group of injured workers could come together and alter the way other injured workers progressed through their workers compensation claim and then return to the open workplace whilst at the same time returning tangible outcome to the workers compensation scheme.
Last week it was revealed not only was Craig’s Table successful, but we returned $3 for every $1 invested.
None of what was done was difficult, all of it is person centric and all of it ignored the most obvious concern, that being that each person has a workplace injury that is somehow meant to diminish the person’s ability to overcome and grow from adversity.
What we did was take real time lived experience and turn it into our base line strength. We took the belief in our own ability and the belief in our own perseverance combined it with all that we knew and worked to provide a safe place for others in the injured worker community to grow from.
It would be wrong of me to say that the last 2 years have not been without a challenge because there were times when I felt I had no more to give and times when the struggle overwhelmed me. There were days when the physical pain I live with felt as though it would drown or crush me, and there were days when exhaustion had me wanting to stay in bed and just sleep. 
Instead I gathered every skerrick of courage (even called mentors to talk me through just standing up) and put the needs of the wider injured worker community ahead of the barriers I was living with. 
When I wrote Craig’s Table I knew the energy required to run it would be massive, I also knew that there that if I held true to the course then so many others would benefit and that would be all I could ever want or ask for. 
Just 20’ away from where I am writing this is a group of people who are enjoying their lunch, they are talking and laughing and enjoying each other’s company. Just a short time back these people were total strangers, they had no reason to know or care about each other. They certainly had no reason drive out of their way to check on each other or call to make sure that everything was alright or even form a working bee to do some much-needed gardening.
Craig’s Table has opened doors for the injured worker community in ways that even the dollar value cannot measure.
Over the many years I have been working within the injured worker community I have found the one driving force is that every member of the injured worker community only wants one thing, they want the chance to simply go back to work. Craig’s Table provides that pathway for them, it truly is an honor and a privilege to work with these amazing people. 

Yours in service
Rosemary

www.craigstable.net.au
rosemary@craigstable.net.au
SKYPE Rosemary2412
7
th November 2019

Comments